Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Our pets :)

Well as most people know I'm absolutely in love with animals! Nick usually gets so mad at me because I always want to adopt stray dogs on the streets and when I see dogs for sale I always want to buy one! If it was my way, I'd have tons of animals of all kinds. I guess just because I live in the country doesn't mean I can have my own barn! ..Maybe one day :)
I talk about my children--dogs-- alot so I figured I'd devote a whole post for them so you can get to know my sweet babies!
The first pet Nick and I got together was Harley, a basset hound. Nick's parents bought him for us right after we got engaged and we got him the week we moved in together. He is such a joy to us! I love his huge ears and droopy eyes. Even though he's a pain early in the morning wanting to go outside, I can't stay mad at that sweet boy. We hope to breed him with a girl basset hound sometime soon!
The second puppy we got was my sweet puppy Brantley. Nick promised me I could get a small puppy and the same day that he promised I made him go looking with me! We were going to go out by Northpark where puppies are always for sale but fate had another plan! On our way we saw some puppies for sale in Clinton. We stopped and a couple had one little "miniature chihuahua" left. We paid for him and took him home. Turns out, he's not miniature..or a full blooded chihuahua as we were told..but we love him anyway! He's very hyper and loves to play. I swear he thinks he's a cat though..he "paws" at you like cats do and LOVES to sleep behind your neck. Nick makes fun of him because his tail was broken as a puppy so it curls up. I think it just makes him unique :)
Hopefully we'll have more animals soon :) Thanks for reading! Til next time..Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment